Frequently Asked Questions
What does the toolkit include?
- Unlimited staff and management training including new starters, temporary staff throughout the year
- Access to the system which is regularly updated
- A licence which is renewable after one year
- Industry Updates on Fire, Food, Nutrition, Health & Safety and Environement
- The system is kept up to date with changes to legislation communicated to all clients
- Comprehensive record systems for "due diligence"
- Downloadable checklists which can be used to develop action plans
- Technical Support through access to Cocoms online Consultant
How does the training work?
- Access to our web-based system requires a Broadband connection to the internet or via an intranet
- Each owner/manager is provided with a username and password to log into the system
- A Group login is also provided for multi site businesses which enables management at all levels to view the Training Records and Training Certificates on the live site at each unit for which they are responsible
- Once the training has been completed the online exam can be taken at any time. The pass mark is 70% and you may attempt the exam until you pass without further costs. Upon passing the exam you can print a certificate.
Does the training satisfy legal requirements? Yes
- Cocoms e-learning Food Safety and Health & Safety are both in accordance with the CIEH/RSPH level I certificates.
- The Food Safety course maps to the National Occupational Standards developed by People First the Sector skills council for the hospitality sector.
- Cocoms Fire Safety Awareness course has been accredited by the RSPH
Does COCOMS have a management and reporting system? Yes
- A usage reporting system records every time the system is accessed and remains on the database as a permanent record
- A records systems for all training at each site can be completed on line, digitally signed by the manager and trainee as proof of training. The record can be saved to the unit computer hard-drive and uploaded onto the database
- The training records can also be used for all training as required.